Inspired good reads
There is a ton of literature about walking, I have only touched the surface Reading about others’ experiences and journeys can be inspiring. Sometimes we all need a little help; when we can’t be bothered or have lost our mojo.! I have created my Good Reads Page and will update it each time, I find a good read.
In the meantime, if anyone can recommend a Good Read, Please feel free to do so.
Get out there and explore a little.
I recommend the next time you walk anywhere, yes even the shops; try taking a different route and get curious you will soon get the bug.
From: urban guided walks, to canal walks, & river walks long walks in the country, themed walks, or historical guided tours. There are thousands of options.
No matter where you live. I would recommend joining a walking group at first. If you have a friend who likes walking even better, otherwise check out the Ramblers website and just get out there.
- The unlikely pilgrimage of Harold Fry- Rachel Joyce
- Strayed Cheryl- Wild
- Walking London’s -Waterways Gilly Cameron Cooper
- London Walks,- On Foot Guides Celia Wolfram
- Walking Haunted London – original walks exploring London’s Ghostly Past- Richard Jones
- London Pub Walks -campaign for real ale Bob Steel
- Kent Walks Pathfinder guide –
- Jarrold publishing
- Walk Britain Great Views- The Ramblers Top 50 Walking routes to Britain’s finest views. (available to all members)
- Ramble On -The story of our love for walking Britain, by Sinclair McKay.
- Wanderlust A History of Walking Rebecca Solnit