Inspired Good Reads
There is a ton of literature about walking, ometimes we all need encouragment and inspiration ; when we can’t be bothered or have lost our mojo.! I have created my Good Reads Page and will update it each time, I find a good read.
In the meantime, if anyone can recommend a Good Read, Please feel free to do so.
A new collection
The Salt Path
I read in 2019, which inspires me to carry on reaching out and finding escapes that are authentic. Real lives and real people are what inspires me more than overpriced yet cheap holidays.
Lying around a pool drinking cheap cocktails is not my idea of an adventure. Yet I am not wealthy enough to do long holidays. Walking to me is a grand way to get to know the coast and more so than ever I am aiming to find the time to discover more of the British isles on foot.
To read more about The Salt Path story, read this Guardian article .
Get out there and explore a little.
I recommend the next time you walk anywhere, yes even the shops; try taking a different route and get curious you will soon get the bug.
From: urban guided walks, to canal walks, & river walks long walks in the country, themed walks, or historical guided tours.
There are thousands of options.
No matter where you live. I would recommend joining a walking group at first.
If you have a friend who likes walking even better, otherwise check out the Ramblers website and just get out there.
Some great books about walks.
- The unlikely pilgrimage of Harold Fry- Rachel Joyce
- Strayed Cheryl- Wild
- Walking London’s -Waterways Gilly Cameron Cooper
- London Walks,- On Foot Guides Celia Wolfram
- Walking Haunted London – original walks exploring London’s Ghostly Past- Richard Jones
- Walk Britain Great Views- The Ramblers Top 50 Walking routes to Britain’s finest views. (available to all members)
- Ramble On -The story of our love for walking Britain, by Sinclair McKay.
- Wanderlust A History of Walking Rebecca Solnit